[3view] knife moving problem

Louise Hughes lhughes at brookes.ac.uk
Thu Aug 23 09:08:07 CEST 2018

Dear All,

I am on GMS3 and have had the same issues with the timeout message several
times and also no slicing upon approach for several microns. It is a
periodic error and was usually corrected by restarting the system. I think
it is a communication issue. It is worth talking to Gatan about this. After
we had several incidents they sent an engineer out and they replaced one of
the USB ports or connectors (if I recall correctly). It doesn't seem to
have happened since, although some of the other communication issues with
the Zeiss computer still seem to occur (this may not be a Gatan issue,
however).

This seems to be a separate issue than the noises you are hearing and the
seizure of the system. Have you contacted Gatan?

I hope this is helpful.

Regards,
Louise

--
Dr. Louise Hughes
Bio-Imaging Unit Researcher and  Microscopist

Brookes e-mail: lhughes at brookes.ac.uk
Personal website: http://www.miniaturehorizons.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/DrLouiseCHughes