[3view] knife moving problem

Belevich, Ilya ilya.belevich at helsinki.fi
Thu Aug 23 07:29:23 CEST 2018

Hi Gosia,
I agree with Joergen, it is difficult to target the problem. Especially, since it happened only few times during the year. Your events also may be due to certain accidents, such as miscommunication between DM and the knife controller (perhaps, in the second case with the error message: 3View record aborted:Timeout moving knife position to NEAR).
With the other symptoms, I also had a weird case when I suppose to cut but nothing was going on for several microns. Basically, I just opened the chamber, lowered the stage and re-approached. This accident never happened again.
You may try to check the contact that Joergen suggested (I am don’t know where it is myself). I would just keep monitoring the system and if the same accidents occur 3 times or more start to worry. If the event is not reproducible it will be very difficult to tackle the problem and you might ending up in replacing part after part.

Are you on DM2 or GMS3?

Best regards,
Ilya

Ilya Belevich, PhD
Senior researcher, Electron Microscopy Unit
Institute of Biotechnology, PL56 (Viikinkaari 9)
University of Helsinki, 00014 FINLAND