[3view] Motor problems on 3ViewXP2 stage

Ilya Belevich ilya.belevich at helsinki.fi
Thu Oct 30 09:18:34 CET 2014

Dear Jean-Marc,
we are not working with tiling that much, it is rather imaging of several
2-4 rois from time to time.
But still as I recall now we had several occasions when the stage has lost
its coordinates.
The symptoms are similar to yours the stage has been moved somewhere far-far
away and the run was terminated.

Because of some factors I was assuming that it was a software problem. Our
system software has been updated at some moment and we did not have this
problem since then. But we did not have that many runs either.

I think it is quite nasty behavior but unfortunately it is rather hard to
fix this bug since it happens quite rare :(

Best regards,
Ilya

Ilya Belevich, PhD
Electron Microscopy Unit
Inst. of Biotechnology       phone: +358-2-941-59497
PL56 (Viikinkaari 9)         email: ilya.belevich(AT)helsinki.fi
University of Helsinki
00014 FINLAND                web:   www.biocenter.helsinki.fi/~ibelev