[3view] movement of the 3View knife

Tobias Starborg tobias.starborg at manchester.ac.uk
Tue Oct 7 15:32:07 CEST 2014

Hi Saskia,  I have seen this at least once, though I was showing the people the system, so didn't have a chance to look into it.  I get a similar effect if I move the knife to 600µm (for example), then change my mind and try to move to 500µm without going back to the retract position.

Mine did clear initially, but restarted during approach.  I ended up restarting the 3 boxes and it was fine after that.  I've not seen it since.

No errors that I can remember, though I was a bit flustered as I had lots of people keen to see their data in the room, so my main concern was to get it working quickly rather than trouble shoot.

Not sure that helps, but at least we have more than one occurrence.

TS
--
Dr Tobias Starborg
Senior Experimental Officer: 3DEM