[3view] Which SEM for 3view

Jean-Marc Verbavatz verbavat at mpi-cbg.de
Thu Jul 3 13:46:08 CEST 2014

Hi Tracey,

We have a FEI Magellan. We had some problems in the beginning because the
FEI stage (replaced by 3View), the microscope had some problems. Specially
for alignment. But it works now after changing the FEI software.
This SEM is a high vacuum SEM, which could be compared to the Zeiss Merlin.
Ocasionally the microscope needs to be restarted, but we have less
problems with the microscope than with the 3View system/software, which
often crashes !

Regarding service, it will depend a lot on whether you have a service
engineer nearby and how busy he/she is !

Cheers from sunny Dresden :)

Jean-Marc

--
Jean-Marc Verbavatz